Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Amsterdam!

The day is finally here. I traveled to Amsterdam last night and stayed at Iris' house so I could get up early to be at an appointment this morning (Iris is a friend of Lieselot's.) At 10 I went to the international student coordinator's office to fill out paperwork for my Residence Permit as well as to set up an appointment and get the necessary introduction letter from the school to a bank so I could open a student bank account. After that meeting I walked to the bank and promptly opened an account. I then went and spent an hour filling out more paperwork to get the keys to my apartment but also to register with the city government and get a SOFI number (their version of a SS Number.) I then returned to Iris' place to retrieve my luggage then I made my way to my new apartment in the burrow of Slotervaart. The room is larger than I expected which is nice and also has internet and cable TV provided.

My introduction put on by the International Student Network - Amsterdam begins tomorrow and continues through Saturday night. I will post pictures soon.

I am now off to bed. I am tired and I need to get up early.

No comments: