Thursday, January 15, 2009

Skating/Chilling


Blaauwe Hand - Up the stairs to the right is the church called Sint Stevenskerk.



Biking Back From Ice Skating Thursday



De Ooij



Jules and I



Hannah, Jules, and Leentje




It took me a little longer to get this posted than I wanted but here it is anyways.

Last week I stayed in Nijmegen instead of traveling down to Maastricht with Lieselot. It's the end of her semester so she is busy with projects and lots of homework. During the week I just relaxed and hung out with Heleen (aka Leen, Leentje), Gemma, and Gijs (Lieselot's sister, mom, and brother, repectively.)

Ferry, a longtime friend and former babysitter of Lieselot and her siblings came over for dinner last monday.

Tuesday Hannah (a family friend from near Maastricht who lives with Gemma and goes to Radboud University in Nijmegen), a friend of Hannah's named Jules, Leentje and I rode our bikes to a small lake called the Ooij which had frozen over in the cold weather to go ice skating. It was very fun. The first time I have skated on natural ice.

We also went skating thursday afternoon. Thursday evening Gemma, Leentje, Floortje (a friend of Leen's) and I went to the Blauwe Hand which is a very nice bar. I sampled several of the quality beers they had on tap including two local beers brewed in Nijmegen's brewery De Hemel(http://www.brouwerijdehemel.nl/ned/product.htm). I had a Tiep Top and Nieuw Ligt from De Hemel. I had 2 Chimay's and a Grand Prestige made by Hertog Jan (http://www.hertogjan.nl/bier_grandprestige.html). Translater http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=nl#

Wednesday I had dinner with Guus (Lieselot's dad) and Leentje at Guus' place. It was very nice.

Friday evening Lieselot returned to Nijmegen from Maastricht.

We all just hung out over the weekend. Lies and I did some shopping. On sunday evening we headed down to Maastricht.

Last night Lies and I went to dinner in town and Lies went and viewed an apartment the she was interested in (she was offered the apartment and accepted.) While she was doing that I hung out at the Shamrock. An Irish bar down the street from where Lieselot was. Nice atmosphere and good beer. http://www.cafeshamrock.nl/home.htm

We are heading back to Nijmegen tomorrow and will be visiting Robb (our former exchange student) at his home in Tiel.

No comments: