Friday, January 28, 2011

1.5 weeks in (or so)

Well, this week has been very relaxing for me. It took me a bit longer this time to completely get over my jet lag (about 4 days total.) I thought I was in the clear friday night after returning to Nijmegen from Maastricht. However, after a very good meal cooked by Gemma (Lieselot's Mom) I dozed off in the middle of a discussion much to everyone's amusement!

The weekend was very relaxing. We spent time walking through Nijmegen doing some shopping. Lieselot went to Breda early in the day for a brunch with her rugby team before their game (which they won.) She then returned to Maastricht that evening as she had class early monday morning. I stayed in Nijmegen during all this. On monday morning I woke up early and took the train to Schiphol (Amsterdam's airport) where I met Rebecca Baken, a fellow student from Rocky who is doing a study abroad at Radboud Universiteit in Nijmegen. We then returned to Nijmegen where she met someone from the school at the train station. She really appreciated me meeting her as she's never left the States before so I figured I could lend a helping hand.

I then stayed in Nijmegen until wednesday afternoon when I took the train back down to Maastricht. I took care of the rest of the paperwork I needed for school thursday clearing the way for me to begin my study.

Today (friday) Lies and I are returning to Nijmegen for a full weekend. Tomorrow Rebecca is coming to the house to have dinner to meet Lies' family. Then later tomorrow night we will be going to El, a friend of the family's, birthday. Then sunday we are going Meerlo to celebrate Lieselot's grandpa's 95th birthday.

Well, that's it. I need to finish packing for the weekend and then head out for the train.

No comments: